Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Day 10 Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends!

Another fun Christmas tag for Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas event!

Loll's Day 10 snowflake tag and her Guest Designer Darnell's snowflake tag are Gorgeous!
Be sure and check them out!


Here is my tag with UFO pieces:-)


After seeing so many of Bonnie's (Stamping with Klass) Christmas Tags using pieces from her UFO (Unfinished Objects) I started searching my boxes for neglected pieces.

I found this tag using Arches Cold Press paper that I had cut into a 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangle and cut the diagonal corners.  I used a piece of scrap CS to make my template,  which I have kept.

I had sponged with Distress Inks with blue and green colors. I added the stenciled snow using Golden's Molding Paste.  When dry I used my UFO alcohol ink with tissue paper backing die cut trees that were extras from a previous project.  The large tree is popped up. The smaller tree attached with Tombow liquid glue.

Then stamped the PB sentiment using Archival Jet Black ink and layered over a sentiment that was smeared, but made a nice black border.  Added SU Lost Lagoon silk ribbon (ret) and done.

Thanks Bonnie for inspiring me to make a quick tag that I really like:-) 

The Guidelines for the challenge are that it must be a mixed media Christmas Tag (any style/any size),  which includes stamping, plus at least two mixed media elements (techniques or products.)

There will be samples by Loll and her Guest Designer until Friday the 17th, but you have until the 24th to link your tags to the challenge. There are many gorgeous tags in the challenge gallery too.   It is so much fun getting our tags done ahead of the holidays!

Happy Holidays my friends!  Hugs..

Adding to STAMPlorations November Mixed Media Challenge



Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Holiday Snippets
Paper: Arches 140# Cold Press. SU Thick Whisper White..sentiment.  Acetate Sheet and tissue paper for trees. 
Inks: T.H. Distress Ink..colors..blue and green.do not remember names.  T. H. Alcohol Inks.
Accessories: Impression Obsession Fir Trees dies (lg and small). Snowflake stencil my friend Loll made for me:-)  Golden's Molding Paste. Dimensionals. SU Lost Lagoon ribbon (ret)

My Tag was chosen as an Honourable Mention!
Thank you Judge Jeremy:-)


11 comments:

  1. Those trees are gorgeous! How I'd love to watch you create those alcohol inks on tissue paper on acetate. Your background is fabulous too, Nancy with the embossing paste. Love how you brought your large tree to the forefront. It adds so much dimension to this wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy. I am really pleased with how this tag turned out and all because of my UFO box:-) I promise..we will make sure you try the alcohol ink and tissue paper technique in the near future. I know you would LOVE it! Hugs

      Delete
  2. You have some beautiful pieces in your UFO box, Nancy! This is so pretty. Love the colours of your sky with the falling snow. It trees are so pretty done in alcohol inks. The colours are bright and vibrant. The crumbled tissue backing gives even more texture. Great design! Thanks for joining my tag event, dear friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll. This quick and easy UFO card is one of my favorites for your tag event. I am thrilled to have made 12 tags for your event:-) Hugs..

      Delete
  3. Your UFO tag is perfect for your trees, which are absolutely beautiful! Hard to pick a favorite from among all of these so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely tag. Beautiful colors. I'd like to have a peek in that UFO box. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of UFO box. Gorgeous colours and the background and those marvellous tress look fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the beautiful shades of green and blue and the mix of textures, Nancy! The stenciled opaque snow looks perfect for the AI with tissue paper fir trees. I want your UFO boxes! :-) Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tag again Nancy! glad you joined in at STAMPlorations with this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful trees! The color and texture makes it look like the trees are made from a painted copper metal. Also, you can't go wrong with lots of blue and green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning tag - I totally love this! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy