Sunday, February 5, 2017

My 3rd NBUS #10 Alcohol Ink Bubble Wrap Card!

You have until midnight PST tonight to play in Darnell's NBUS #10 Challenge.  That will be the end of her 3 week NBUS Birthaversary Celebration :-)  What a HUGE success Darnell.  You chose such fun techniques to try plus encouraging us to use our Never Before Uses Schtuff!!!


Here is my 3rd card using the alcohol ink bubble wrap technique.



Here is the link to my 1st card using this alcohol ink bubble wrap technique and also a photo of the 3 extra backgrounds I made.  One of those backgrounds I used for this new card.  Here is the link to my 2nd card using one of my extra backgrounds.  All my cards turned out so different and were so easy and fun because I already had my backgrounds.

I did my technique a little different than Darnell's.  I dropped my Alcohol Inks onto the inside of a padded envelope,  which has smaller bubbles than your normal bubble wrap packing material.  I then spritzed my inks with blending solution and laid my Yupo paper over the ink with a piece of paper towel over the Yupo and pressed down with my hands to get a good impression.

I used the sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches #273 Challenge
I mounted my cut panels onto Whisper White thick CS.  I then added adhesive tape to the back and added metallic silver thread flipped over and attached to my card front.  I die cut my Tim Holtz "Wildflower" using Coaster Board and Whisper White thick CS and glued together for extra dimension.  I used Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach my die to my panels using an acrylic block to weight down the die for a secure attachment.

My final step was stamping my Penny Black "Heartfelt Thanks" sentiment (my 1st time to use this sentiment) using Archival jet black ink.  I then popped up my card front with foam tape and done :-)

I am adding my card to the City Crafter Challenge #347...Colour Splash: Black, White and Aqua.


I sure have gotten a lot of mileage from one session of alcohol ink bubble wrap creating. I really have enjoyed making all 3 of my cards and have loved how differently they turned out. Thank you again Darnell for a fabulously creative 3 week challenge Birthaversary Celebration ;-)

Happy Stamping my friends.  Hugs.....


Supplies: 
Stamps:  Penny Black Heartfelt Thanks.  Paper:  SU Whisper White Thick and regular. Yupo Paper. Inks:  Pinata Alcohol Inks: Black and White.  Tim Holtz AI: Stream. Accessories:  Big Shot, Tim Holtz Wildflower Die, SU metallic thread and fine tip glue pen. MISTI. 3M foam tape.


18 comments:

  1. What a cool technique......beautiful results! Love this card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous design using your bubble wrap AI pieces. This is BEAUTIFUL! Especially love the design of the three panels, and the addition of the metallic thread. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detail of that technique behind the simple white flower! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling over these creations! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Another technique for me to try now I have removed the dust from the A.I's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the layout on this one...great take on the sketch and the colours and technique are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the split background with the silver thread and wildflower die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This took my breath away; wow! Your design is brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Good to see you three times; and all your projects are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way this one came out with the bubbles looking like they are in perfect rows! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very unique! This is stunning and perfect for the sentiment.
    Beautiful layout too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, these backgrounds just grab my attention and I love how you are using them- each in a different way! Fabulous in design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy I just love the colours, you have created such beautiful cards the CAS effects just pop off the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Nancy...this looks amazing!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your background turned out great! It is really pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy, you've done a really stunning job with the bubble wrap here!! Really gorgeous background and colors!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who knew that bubble wrap could have a second life in fine art? (It's third life, of course, is popping the bubbles for stress relief). What a dynamic color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one looks like a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy