Tuesday, April 12, 2016

CAS Stenciled and Chip Board Hello


Had fun making a card today for favorite challenges.  I also did a Stenciled Monoprint Background technique by Lee-Anne Cross for the first time.  Thank you Lee-Anne.  So fun and easy. I used a  Tim Holtz "Stripes" stencil with Distress Inks then spritzed with water following Lee-Anne's video exactly.

This weeks SCS's  CAS372 "Love the Chips"  inspired me to use this scrap butterfly that I had cut out of a Emerald Green Brushos scrap.  I used my HLS Butterfly Die and cut out another thicker butterfly with my SU Coaster Board and glued to my brushos butterfly.  Looks just like chip board.  I outlined the butterfly with a mixed media pen and attached with Fine Tip Glue Pen. Loved how it turned out.  Always fun to use scraps :-)

My card is for three more Challenges besides the CAS372 Challenge which is Linked above!




Stamps: SU sale-a bration Hello
Papers: Arches 140# Cold Press, SU Basic Black and Whisper White Thick
Inks: TH Distress Inks: Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistacchio
          Brushos Emerald Green
           Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories and Tools: Big Shot, HLS Butterfly Die, TH "Stripes" Stencil, Paper towels, sprizer, Coaster Board, Mixed Media pen, Thin Tip Glue Pen, Wink of Stella on sentiment
Techniques: CAS, Stenciling, Chipboard, Die Cut Butterfly


Thank you for Looking and especially for Commenting my dear friends!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Nancy! Your stencil monoprint background is gorgeous in the blues and greens! And I love that Brusho butterfly. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first stencil monoprint turned out AWESOME! Isn't it a fun technique??!! And Lee-Anne's video really makes it easy too. LOVE the blues and greens with the stripe pattern. Great backdrop to show off your pretty brushos butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and a very successful stencil monoprint - mine don't always turn out that well. Great butterfly for the SCS CAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that striped stencil monoprint and that gorgeous butterfly, Nancy! Wonderful colors too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how pretty mf...love the colours you used.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty beauty Nancy - love ... and your property looks amazingly gorgeous ... I used to live in North Vancouver up the mountain - I dare say I miss that place terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic background and really ties in with the gorgeous butterfly! Adding the stitching connecting the hello and butterfly was a fab touch! Thanks for sharing!

    Toni
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab effect on your background, I love it ! I have also become your latest blog follower !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stencilled mono print background, Nancy, and I love your butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of your scraps, we never waste anything do we?! Fab monoprint stripes too. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Bonnie--the dotted line tying the sentiment and butterfly together is perfect. Love the colors, and the way the watercolor paper adds even more texture to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this .... the background looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS and Mixed Media challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your stencilled background!
    Fab card!
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy